Brian House of Tournament Promotions Midwest sits down with Blair Shadday to discuss the do’s and don’ts of a successful golf outing. Brian has a great deal of experience planning and executing golf outings. Some of our favorite tips were:
- Start planning early, a year in advance is normal
- Get your corporate sponsorship first
- Recruit good board members, because they are pivotal to your success. For instance, each member should be responsible for recruiting for people who will bring a foursome to the outing.
- Start everything on time, golf, lunch, dinner, entertainment, don’t give people a reason to leave.
- Keep games, mulligans and such to a minimum, they slow play, and reduce the likelihood that players will stay for dinner.
Check out Brian’s website at http://www.tp-in.com/ thank you Brian for spending some time with us and sharing your valuable experience and insights!Tags: golf outing