Purgatory Golf Club is taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Guided by the recommendations of the CDC and the State of Indiana, we have been making numerous changes to our golf and restaurant operations to assist in providing the safest experience as possible for our members, guests and staff.
While understanding the real threat of the current conditions we are also trying to provide some level of physical activity and limited social interaction. Establishing this balance during a very fluid situation will be challenging, however, we are working to implement processes and practices to meet this dual objective. In an abundance of caution, we are implementing the following practices:
– We will open as walking only. We will work toward allowing single cart ridership, only if/when we are confident this can be executed consistently.
– We will require guests to pre-pay using our online booking engine, or via telephone.
– Golfers paying via telephone can pay with a credit card, or gift card.
– We will sell e-gift cards in the online store that can be redeemed when at the course to pay for golf.
– The clubhouse will be closed to the public, with the exception of having the downstairs restrooms (by the F&B window) open.
– We will continue the practice of having sanitizer, cleaning products readily available and used by staff.
– We will remove all bunker rakes from the golf course
– Cups will be raised or inverted to ensure golfers don’t need to touch the pin or cups. Gimme’s are encouraged.
– Tee times will be available from 10am-3pm, and will expand as weather improves.
These are just a few precautions, and the list of best practices continues to grow each and every day. Our focus right now is on helping our golfers to maintain the 6’ social distancing recommendation – and this applies to staff when onsite, as well.